Information Collected. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit an iTalk Media Service, although some information may be collected automatically as described below. iTalk Media may ask you for different types of information when you register for certain Services, access various content or features, or contact the Services directly, including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, and mobile number;
- User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age and date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and postal code;
- Public information, including profile information, you provide to the iTalk Media Services for publication, such as your user name, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures and the address of your website;
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- In limited circumstances, payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and driver’s license number where needed for payment, to complete a particular transaction, or to access a particular service (e.g., contests);
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular website or service (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested);
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- Correspondence you send to Us; and
- Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, postal mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms).
Information We Collect Automatically on iTalk Media Services. iTalk Media Services may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Websites you visited before and after visiting an iTalk Media Service;
- Information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit a web page within iTalk Media Services, Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within iTalk Media Services, the amount of time you spend viewing web pages on the Services, the number of times you return to web pages on the Services and other clickstream data;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices, and other location-based data in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies;
- Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to (including music applications such as iTunes, Spotify and Last.fm) and content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer; and
- Standard server log information.
Information We Obtain from Other Sources. Where permitted by applicable law, We may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (e.g., mobile devices, third party services, and embedded audio and video players), from co-branded partners and websites (for example, on our Facebook pages), and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information We may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
- Other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information We collect about you may be combined, including to help Us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the iTalk Media Services.
Use of Information. We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver’s license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (e.g., paid subscriptions or awarding prizes to contest winners) or as otherwise required by law.
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Communicate with you about your purchases and your requests for information;
- Respond to your customer service inquiries;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes and message boards;
- Provide you with special offers and promotional materials on behalf of iTalk Media Services, companies within our corporate family, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
- Analyze the use of iTalk Media Services and information about visitors to our Services, including data indicating your physical location, to understand and improve our offerings, the effectiveness of our advertising and programming, for research, analytical and other business purposes and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit an iTalk Media Service;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time We collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Disclosure of Information Collected. iTalk Media is committed to maintaining your trust and We want you to understand when and with whom We may share information collected about you. With your consent, We may share your contact information with third party marketing partners. For example, iTalk Media Services such as Eventful offer updates about local events if you allow your information to be shared with third-parties so that they may contact you by email, postal mail, telephone or other common communications methods about their events, products or services.
Authorized Third Party Service Providers. We share your contact information with third party vendors who help Us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, suppression list management, payment processing and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your contact information to help Us provide our services and not for any other purpose. Also, authorized third party service providers may collect non-contact information about your visits to our Services with cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies that may be used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests.
Sweepstakes, Contests, or Promotions. When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to our sponsors and to third parties who help administer the promotion, including in connection with winner selection prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Further, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing our sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
iTalk Media Services and Other iTalk Media Businesses. iTalk Media continues to expand its online presence in order to offer users rich and deep interactive experiences. Where permitted by law, We may share information We collect about you with other iTalk Media affiliated companies, for our analytical and business needs to determine the effectiveness of our programming and advertising, to provide you with information about products and services that might interest you, or for other reasons related to our business.
Business Transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a radio station participating in the iTalk Media Services, a merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Legal Requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations, such as FCC requirements. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
Access. If you choose to share contact information with Us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on an iTalk Media Service. You also may update or amend your information by contacting Us. If you ask Us to shut down your account or delete your information, We will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that We may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in backup storage even if you ask Us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that We hold relating to you.
Protection of Information. We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using iTalk Media Services, but We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Us. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data while you are on the Internet. At a minimum, We encourage you to make sure that you are using a secure browser as you surf the Internet. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
Transfer of Data Internationally. iTalk Media is headquartered in the United States and may have affiliates, vendors, and other third parties with which We do business in other countries. Please be aware that information you provide to Us or that We obtain as a result of your use of the iTalk Media Services may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in the country to which your information is transferred may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in any iTalk Media Services or providing Us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
For California Visitors Only. iTalk Media may from time to time share your personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors, partners, advertisers or other third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you do not want us to share your personal information with such third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please let us know by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org [For spam filtering purposes, only email with the subject line “Freedom FM Privacy Request” will be read] We will process your opt-out request within 30 days of our receipt.
iTalk Media Privacy Protections for Children. iTalk Media’s websites are general audience websites which are not directed to children generally, including children under the age of thirteen (13). iTalk Media does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under thirteen (13), please contact us at email@example.com [For spam filtering purposes, only email with the subject line “Freedom FM Privacy Request” will be read].
Minors under 18 years of age may have the Personal Information that they provide to us through the iTalk Media Services deleted by sending an email requesting deletion to firstname.lastname@example.org [For spam filtering purposes, only email with the subject line “Freedom FM Privacy Request” will be read]. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
Third Party Websites and Services.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Similar Technologies. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored in separate files within your computer’s Internet browser. Cookies are accessed and recorded by the websites you visit, and by the companies that show advertisements on these websites, so that they can recognize the same browser.
Web beacons (sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a way for Us to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed.
- To help Us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and to save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting one of our Services. For example, if you register on an iTalk Media Service, that Service may use a cookie to identify you so that you will not have to log in each time you visit the Service.
- To help Us customize the content and advertisements you are shown while visiting iTalk Media Services and potentially other websites.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of our online content, features, advertisements and other communications.
Web beacons are used to improve your experience on the iTalk Media Services, including helping provide you with content customized to your interests. They also help Us understand whether users read email messages and click on links contained in those messages so that We can deliver relevant content and offers. Our web beacons may collect some contact information (e.g., the email address associated with an email that contains a web beacon).
When you use our search function, your web browser also may send the Internet address, or URL, of the search results page to a third party webpage as part of standard HTTP web protocol. The URL of the search results page may sometimes contain the keywords used in the search query you entered. Some of the advertisements you see may be based on these keywords.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals, which is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users opt out of tracking by websites and online services. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not been adopted, iTalk Media Services do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Mobile Devices. Certain mobile devices provide various capabilities that can be used, for example, to identify the physical location of such devices. Mobile devices also transmit Caller ID data when a call is made or text message is sent. iTalk Media Services may collect, use, transmit, process and maintain unique identifiers, Caller ID data, location-based data, and other similar information (collectively “Unique Identifier Information”) when you use your mobile devices, including to provide the services you request, tell you about offers We think you will value and improve your experience on iTalk Media Services. We also may share Unique Identifier Information with our business partners and use it for our analytical or business needs to determine the effectiveness of our programming and advertising or for other reasons related to our business. iTalk Media Services also may require you to provide your mobile phone number to participate in certain services or features and that number may be associated with such information.
Managing Flash Cookies. Flash cookies, also called local shared objects (LSOs), function similarly to standard cookies except that they are often larger and are downloaded to a computer or mobile device by the Adobe Flash Player. In some cases, these Flash cookies can be managed through browser settings. Adobe also provides a means of controlling Flash cookies on its Flash Player: Setting Manager page.
Managing Cookies on iTalk Media Mobile Applications. iTalk Media may place cookies on your mobile device if you download iTalk Media applications (“Apps”). You may be provided with an opportunity to reject cookies before downloading an iTalk Media App, but by downloading an App, you will be deemed to have consented to the collection of information from your mobile device.
Video Services and Social Networking Policy. Your video content viewing activities may be collected through your use of the iTalk Media Services. By viewing our video content, you are consenting to share your video activities with others, including what videos you have watched on the Services. Sharing this information will allow you to take advantage of social networking and other features on the Services.
iTalk Media FCC Requirements. If you send a written communication (including an email) regarding the programming or operation of an iTalk Media radio station, your communication may be placed in the public inspection file of that station or made available via electronic file access at the station. In either case, your communication may be subject to review by members of the general public, as required by Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) regulations. Be advised that We are not responsible for information that may be disclosed if your communication is made available for review by members of the general public in compliance with FCC regulations.
iTalk Media, Inc
2906 Shell Rd FL3
Brooklyn NY 11224
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.